supporting
Royalist
home
Cottage in Rionna
writer
Saffie

do not press this,
I am relentless.

Down he went. Corridor after corridor, crumbling staircase after staircase. Eventually the sunlight disappeared and the only light that illuminated his path was the occasional barely lit candle. Paws pressed into the cool, damp stone with a comfort that suggested it was not the first time he walked these god forsaken halls. Only the worst of the worst resided here, never to see the light of day again. Growls and snarls blended together with whimpers and pleas for mercy. But he paid it all no mind. He had only one destination today.

In the weeks that had passed, his leg had mostly healed, but there was no denying the subtle limp that he would now forever be plagued with. His torn skin was still pink, some of the deeper wounds still scabbed. It only added insult to injury that Merrin had managed to slip from her jail cell and disappeared into the night. A part of him still itched to hunt her down, to put an end to the games she played once and for all.

But oh how things had changed. Illaria's confession still rung in his ears. Let me love you like you deserve. Though it wasn't her intention, she had set him on edge. What she offered was new, it was different. It was a path he would have to walk blindly and instinctively he balked. To let her lead would be to let her in. And letting her in was dangerous.

In his own way, he knew he had been unfair to Merrin in their years together. But hadn't she failed him too? It hadn't taken long for her to whither away, to crumble quietly in his grasp. She failed to take a stand, to be a pillar he needed and wanted. He couldn't help but wonder if Illaria would do the same, and that flicker of double had him refusing to relive the last several years of his life, only this time with a new woman.

Coming to a stop at the cell door, his eyes were accustomed to the darkness as he peered inside before pulling open the door. There was a guard at both ends of the hall, escape would be near impossible. So the Colonel stood in the doorway, looking down at the dirty wolf he had stuck in this shit hole of a cell.

talk like this.

template by bean
08-08-2023, 04:12 PM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

Days passed, maybe even weeks. Argent couldn't track the time in the pit of darkness he was confined in. There were no visitors, other than the guards delivering him his daily meal. He hadn't seen a familiar face in forever and it was wearing him down. The former soldier was a shell of his former self, dirty matted fur hanging loose on his skinny frame. The prison portions weren't enough for a wolf of his size to maintain his weight or muscle mass. He raised his dirt streaked, shaggy head when the whine of the iron door announced the arrival of a guest in his cell. Hard grey eyes met green and hatred twisted his scarred features into a snarl. "What do you want?" he questioned the colonel, shifting to his paws and leaning his weight on his left side because of his injured leg. "If you've come here to gloat, get it over with. Your face makes me sick and I don't want to spoil my appetite," he said, feeling his stomach twist as if in agreement to his words. He had too much pride to show Nalik how worn down he was. His inner soldier rallied himself for their next battle even if it was an exchange of words instead of fangs.

He was of course worried that Nalik had tormented Merrin and found their children. Lenora was an easy target and she looked so much like Merrin in his colours that their connection could be discovered. Argent knew that if he had harmed any of them the law wouldn't hold him back from retribution. With his broken body he would protect them until his last breath.

Art by Ashon
08-09-2023, 06:39 AM

Colonel

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Pine
supporting
Royalist
home
Cottage in Rionna
writer
Saffie

do not press this,
I am relentless.

The heat of Argents rage was warm against his skin. The skinny wolf was on his paws, though leaning against the wall for support. A brow arched in quiet challenge. Did he hope to come across as intimidating? Venomous words had grey lips twisting with dark amusement and an even dark bark of laughter parting his lips. "We both know you'll eat whatever scraps they give you simply so you don't starve to death in here. Appetite ruined or not." He sneered. It was clearly evident that prison portions were not nearly enough to sustain Argent, it was barely enough to keep him alive.

"And what would sweet Lenora do without her father?" It was a low blow, but Nalik pulled now punches. He wouldn't hide the fact that he know knew of one of Merrin's bastard children. What really amused him though, was he hadn't even looked for her himself, she had barged into his office, begging for mercy. "She made quite a plea on your behalf." He was purposefully sparse with the details.

There was no mention of Merrin. Not yet at least. But in truth, he hadn't been to see his wife. He was torn, though he'd never admit it out loud. A part of him wanted to see her, intrigued by her ferocity while also enraged by her audacity after all these years. She didn't stand against him, it just wasn't something she did. But he also never wanted to lay eyes on her again. He never wanted to have to look upon the breathing reminder of his failure in life, his wife.

talk like this.

template by bean
08-29-2023, 09:20 PM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

His mocking laughter stirred Argent’s anger, rage flashed in his cold steel gaze and he focused on the icy stone beneath his paws to cool his temper. If he attacked him now there was a very big chance that Nalik would make sure that he never left the dungeon or killed him in his weak state. ”You’re right,” he agreed, perhaps the only time he would ever allow the man to know he was right. ”I have to stay alive long enough to piss on your grave,” he scoffed, holding his head high and glaring in defiance. It was the mention of his daughter’s name that flooded his body with icy horror. He’d found her and it was his fault.

Argent’s body jerked, itching to tear into Nalik’s smug face and show him a father’s fury, but he held back and took in a breath. He would not play into his paws again. ”That’s called love, Nalik. You probably wouldn’t understand since your shrivelled little heart doesn’t feel anything, but there’s nothing a father wouldn’t do to protect his family,” he warned him, still as fierce and bold as ever despite the big difference in power between them. ”And it’s hardly becoming of a colonel to threaten a child. Not surprising though. You’re pathetic like that,” he said scornfully, feeling nothing, but utter loathing for the cowardly colonel.

Art by Ashon
09-09-2023, 07:31 AM

Colonel

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Pine
supporting
Royalist
home
Cottage in Rionna
writer
Saffie

do not press this,
I am relentless.

His chuckle then was an honest one. Argent claimed to remain alive simply to enjoy the simple pleasure of pissing on his grave. Defiance glittered in those silver orbs as they clashed with emerald. There was something to be said for Argent's hatred. It made him a formidable opponent.

Argent's body lurched at the mentioning of Lenora, as if he longed to wrap weak hands around the Colonels throat and squeeze. Nalik remained still, half hoping the weakened Captain would lunge and give him the excuse he needed to put him in the ground once and for all. Instead, Argent settled for insults, or his attempt at them anyways. Argent spoke as if he knew Nalik, as he knew what sort of father the Verlice man was. Little did he know that the Verlice wolf would raze the country for his children. "You presume to know the kind of father I am." He wasn't here to share parenting styles, he was quickly losing interest in this little visit.

"That wasn't a threat." His tone suggested that a true threat would be much more colorful. "I had actually considered taking her on as my squire." He hadn't. Nalik was long past the age where he would even entertain the idea raising another child up through the ranks. But Argent didn't need to know that. "Her career in the army would undoubtedly blossom under a Colonel." He sounded thoughtful. In reality, he would likely assign her to Kenzo or Asher. His sons would grumble but they would at least teach her something. It wasn't a half bad idea now that he thought about it and it torment Argent until Lenora was of age to become a true soldier.

talk like this.

template by bean
10-01-2023, 04:55 PM

Retired Soldier

from Saora
size
Large
scent
Berries
supporting
Royalist
home
Aberdeen
writer
Pixel

As a soldier, Argent had killed out of necessity to win battles for his king. There had been no hatred or bloodlust for each life he had taken. They had been his enemies or at least that was how he used to define the word enemy. Someone who opposed the king. The venomous hatred he felt for Nalik was far more personal than which king someone served. "I know exactly what kind of man you are. A piece of shit that hurts the mother of his children. What kind of father does that?" he challenged him, rising up to glare at him eye to eye on weary emaciated and trembling limbs. "Stay away from, Lenora," he warned him, voice deep and low. Thoughts of tackling him to the ground and ripping out his throat flashed red through his vision.

"I'll show you how a real father protects his pups if you touch her. I won't say it again. I will fucking ruin you if you mess with her," he snarled, fully prepared to kill the man, consequences be damned if he hurt his baby girl. "Now, fuck off or get to the point," he demanded, hackles bristling and bushing out his fluffy fur.

"You're wasting my time. I'd rather watch the dew drip down my cell walls than spend another minute listening to a disgrace of a Colonel," he remarked and turned his head away dismissively to make his point.

Art by Ashon
10-03-2023, 08:56 AM

Colonel

from Rionnach
size
Large
scent
Pine
supporting
Royalist
home
Cottage in Rionna
writer
Saffie
do not press this,
I am relentless.
Amusement glittered in emerald eyes. Argent claimed to know what kind of man he was. He spoke of Merrin and their troubled past. But that wasn't the deepest thorn Nalik had embedded in his side. Lenora was a nerve easily struck. Argent demanded he stay away from her, promising that there would be consequences. Nalik chuckled, the sound echoing off the cell walls. "I'd like to see you try." He challenged. In truth, Nalik had nothing against Lenora, she reminded him too much of Ryker as a girl, even though the two were so very different. She would have her career in the Army, she wouldn't pay for her parents mistakes.

Dismissing him, or attempting to, Argent tried to get rid of the Colonel. But Nalik wasn't done. Not yet. "Have fun watching the dew." He turned partially away. "Should I tell Merrin you say hi, or no?" He would look over his shoulder, standing in the door way of the damp cell. Malice glittered in emerald eyes. He had no intentions of visiting Merrin, not today anways. He wasn't sure he could lay eyes on her just yet without squeezing the life out of her by her neck. But again, Argent didn't have to know that. Lips lifted in a sneer.

Exit unless stopped/Argent attacks him lol

talk like this.

template by bean
11-29-2023, 12:24 PM
Thread Closed