Lavender and bonfire smoke
supporting
Voxi
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo

T

he dungeon was a shadowy realm meant for the outcasts and miscreants. Its darkness was, it was alleged, ample punishment for the crimes of those who deserved to be in the depths of despair. Rhiannon escaped the reality of the king and his subjects when sleeping, for in her dreams, the enchantress found revelations through visions:

In her dream, the fools' king was an enormous figure -- as large as those who esteemed him viewed the wolf’s power to be. The king cast a long, ominous shadow over the landscape. In the shade of the king were the soldiers, and the darkness swallowed more of the landscape. The soldiers looked upon each other with hatred. Those who had once fought together as brothers in battle now killed one another, leaving destruction and death in their path.

Agrona, the goddess of her homeland, deity of the Ayr and she who brings war and slaughter upon the living, appeared before the king, an even larger, more imposing figure. The divine figure was surrounded by a murder of crows, more than could ever be counted, like all of the stars in the night sky. The crows descended upon the fighting army, and all turned to blackness before her.

She woke up gasping for air with the cry of a wild animal as she practically screamed aloud: ”Agrona shall slaughter them all!” Bright eyes turned swiftly about the room as she became cognizant again of her surroundings. But she did not care who was near or if she sounded mad as she projected: ”They rob us of freedom.” She seethed with the fury of the Feminine Divine. ”But their lives will be the cost.” Rhiannon nodded sagely, amethyst orbs drifting shut. ”Agrona assures their fate.”

@Third @Nimue @Sorcha @Doll @Maui @Leviathan @Creature @Islay @Nathair

art and code by Yahtzee-Penguiduck

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 02:51 PM by Rhiannon.)
09-24-2021, 02:51 PM

W.I.T.C.H.

size
Large
scent
Summer rain, honeysuckle, and jasmine
supporting
Voxi
wanted for
Escaping Dungeon, Avoiding Enlisting
writer
Supernova

T

he sound of a strangled cry ripped her from the little bit of sleep she’d been able to get. Her eyes snapped open and stared into the dark and as she lifted her head, shapes began to emerge as her vision readjusted to the shadowed world of the Dungeon.

Then the screaming started and she immediately recognized the voice even with its crazed high pitch. Rising to her feet quickly now she moved from the back wall of the cell over to the bars, pressing her face against them to try to see outward and pinpoint which cell the shouting came from.

“Rhiannon!” She called out to the mad woman’s ramblings, for it held the same inflection as her dear amethyst, but the words were foreign to her. Tones of black velvet had been replaced with harsh, rage-filled screams that caused her ears to flatten. “Rhiannon, is that you? Have they hurt you? What have they done to you?”

@Rhiannon

09-25-2021, 08:04 AM

Priestess

size
Medium
scent
supporting
Voxi
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo

“Rhiannon!” The ashen woman’s head shot upward, ears pricked forward at the sound of the lady’s voice. “Rhiannon, is that you? Have they hurt you? What have they done to you?” From a corner of the dungeon, an odd laugh rumbled in the femme’s throat. ”Hurt me? They can rob me of freedom, but they will never extinguish the rage they have inspired within me! A wildfire!”

Finally, Rhiannon took a deep, steadying breath, trying to gain some semblance of self-control as her eyes explored the dank cages of those who were similar kept hidden away in the dungeon. ”What are they so afraid of,” she seethed to herself from between gritted teeth. She called out, though she could scarcely see Nimue from the distance in which they were kept, ”Nimue, my Sapphire, we will be free soon. They cannot stop us from listening to Voice.” The laughter that followed echoed from the dreary earthen walls of the jail.

@Nimue

@tag
art & code by alexandre
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 08:52 AM by Rhiannon.)
10-03-2021, 08:51 AM

W.I.T.C.H.

size
Large
scent
supporting
Voxi
wanted for
writer
Supernova

T

he sharp laughter she received in response induced a chill that rolled down her spine. Nimue narrowed her eyes as she listened to the ravings from the other cell. A frown pulled her lips downward, a tightness in her chest aching with a mixture of concern for her friend and even guilt.

She caught the glimpse of a shadow that moved closer to the barred precipice of their holdings and she straightened up. Nim could just barely make out Rhiannon’s figure in the dark and wished she was sharing quarters with her if only to hold her. It was obvious the other woman was struggling in the depths of the dungeon.

“Rhiannon…” She murmured her name sorrowfully and stretched her forearm and paw out as far as it would extend between iron bars, letting it rest on the cold stone ground whens he reached for her. “Rhiannon, I am so very sorry to have gotten you mixed up in al of this…I will make it up to you, you’ll see…in the meantime, would you stay there where I can somewhat see you? At least for a tad bit longer…”

@Rhiannon

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 05:24 AM by Nimue.)
10-06-2021, 05:24 AM

Priestess

size
Medium
scent
supporting
Voxi
threadlog
encounters
writer
Rilo

H

er mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and ideas, of curses and of the pleasures of life currently withheld from the king’s prisoners, but she said no more aloud, and the madness inspired by her wild dream seemed to calm as her focus turned instead to Nimue. Rhiannon did not blame her companion for their current state, though it had been the water nymph herself to share news of the protest with the other fae. But it was not Nimue who Rhiannon despised. This was, of course, as far from reality as one could fall.

Nimue apologized, needlessly, and Rhiannon’s ears were pricked forward to hear every word and the way her Sapphire pronounced them. ”I will make it up to you, you’ll see.” At this comment, Rhiannon smiled clandestinely… she could imagine how Nimue might achieve this, and though the other likely had not meant for the comment to be translated into something so salacious… Rhiannon’s tattered mind chose to hold onto this, and an impish smile played her dark lips. It would give her something to think about in the cold of the dungeon. Something to look forward.

The woman dressed in pewter and silver remained where she stood, as was requested of her, speaking in more normal vocals now: ”It is not you that I blame, dear heart, you need not worry of that. Think instead of the enjoyment beyond these cells, that which they can never take from us.” She added, in quieter tones, as her outrage threatened again to erupt: ”Those who are to blame will suffer for what they have done. Of this, I am certain.”

@Nimue

10-10-2021, 01:37 PM

W.I.T.C.H.

size
Large
scent
supporting
Voxi
wanted for
writer
Supernova

S

he could see the glow of Rhiannon’s purple-hued eyes in the darkness and she felt relieved at the sight of them. “There you are…” She sighed with a disheartened smile, for even at this distanced she could see the crazed spark within them. Her goal was to keep her dear friend as long as she could and try to calm her, sending soothing energies from a distance in order to rebalance the other fae.

With her promise to make it up to the distressed female, she could’ve swore she saw a grin play on Rhiannon’s lips in the dim light of the cells. Nimue held her tongue with all her might, willing to allow the woman whatever fantasy would bring her even the smallest glimmer of peace in this place. Relief moved through the storms of Nimue’s sapphire gaze to know that she was not seen at fault in the lovely gems of the mystic’s eyes.

She was beginning to think that she was radiating her calm energy appropriately in Rhiannon’s direction as she suggested to think of the enjoyment after their release. Even her voice smoothed over to a normal decibel once more, although she heard the threat that followed as her anger began to seep back in. Nim was quick to attempt to distract her, “And what, my darling amethyst, do you look forward to enjoying after regaining our freedom?”

@Rhiannon

10-11-2021, 08:51 PM

Convict

size
Medium
scent
Granite and Gunpowder
supporting
Jacobite
threadlog
encounters
writer
Ashon

V

oices broke into the sanctity of sleep. Silence shattered, shadows desecrated, dreams left vacant and weeping on the cold concrete floor. The remnant's eyes snapped open. A hiss was pushed past her protesting lips, the cold rasp of an adder crawling through the deep dark. Easily mistaken for a corpse, or perhaps even a pile of filthy rags thrown against the brick and mortar, Third deliberately unfolded her creaking limbs and dragged herself to an upright position.

She'd borne the weight of her new company with good grace, sparing her cellmate the worst of her attention after their first, initial conversation - but this new flavor of torture was too much to bear. Rage and wilted pride were old, overdone songs, their cadence too close to offer interest. This desperate, duplicitous exchange left a sour taste in her mouth - moreso than the dust that otherwise coated her silt and sandpaper tongue. Were it not for the bars that held her back, she would be happy to drown out the flavor with the shrieking sybil's blood. Anything to cease her infernal yapping.

“And what, my darling amethyst, do you look forward to enjoying after regaining our freedom?” queried her earthen companion, crooning through the bars at a body that Third could not see. Skin and bone made flesh drifted to a halt just beside Nimue's sleeker, fitter figure, teeth snapping sharply near the other woman's ear. Her sepulchral form all but vibrated with suppressed ire, and her voice, when she spoke, was a dusty rasp of rage.

"Whelps cry out and promise violence -
You want freedom?
Try first silence
."

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 07:30 PM by Third.)
10-26-2021, 07:21 PM
Thread Closed